With tons of time tracking tools available today, choosing therightMac time tracking app for your needs can seem challenging. Some tools offer advanced security features, while others support features like GPS tracking to help employees record time anywhere.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 Mac time tracking apps with their features, pricing, and user reviews. We’ll also explore three things you need to know before purchasing any Mac time tracking app.
This Article Includes:
- 最好的Mac Time Tracking应用程序是什么？
- 3 Key Things to Consider When Choosing Time Tracking Software
最好的Mac Time Tracking应用程序是什么？
Any time tracking tool worth its salt will offer the following functionalities:
- Real-Time TimeTracking:您的软件应跟踪员工工作时间，理想情况下实时。但是，它应该为员工提供手动输入和编辑时间条目的能力。
- ProjectTracking:This feature can help you understand how much time your team takes to complete a project.
- Data Analysis:Accurate analysis helps you understand how your employees work to bill clients and take on new projects.
- Billing and发票:A tool that integrates with your existing payment software or offers these capabilities will help automate your payroll process.
Let’s look at 10 apps that offer all the features mentioned above and more:
1. Time Doctor
搜索一个多合一的Mac time tracking app?
Trusted by large as well as small businesses alike, Time Doctor is a robust tool that can helpoptimize your workforce— on-site or remote.
It allows employees to track their working hours automatically or manually.
在手动时间跟踪设置中，一个简单的启动/停止按钮可以控制应用程序时间。另一方面，automatic time trackerstarts as soon as the employee turns on the computer.
Time Doctor also provides多重生产力报告, including how much time an employee spent on a specific task and an accurate summary of their work time down to the second.
You can also keep an eye on their work activity byenabling automatic screenshotsof their work screen. You can then view each screenshot at your convenience.
Its Mac OS app runs with OS 10.11 and newer versions. Time Doctor also offers Windows and Linux desktop apps and an Android mobile app.
- Helps employees轻松跟踪多个项目的时间通过直观的仪表板。
- Shows a pop-up after an employee has beeninactive for a while.
- Provides detailed attendance information for each employee and marks thempresent, late, partially absent, or absent.
- Offersintegrated payroll功能，因此您可以轻松付款。
- 确保所有数据, including screenshots, by SSL encryption.
- G2: 4.4/5 (250+ reviews)
Available for macOS 10.11 and newer versions, monday.com allows employees to track their work time easily. Managers can then view the data to gain insights into employee performance.
- Provides ready-made workflow templates to get you started.
- Allows you to share files and communicate with team members through the iOS or Android mobile app.
- Integrates with over 40 tools to develop a centralized knowledge database.
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (2400+ reviews)
收成combines project management and time tracking features to provide enhanced visibility into a collaborative workforce.
Its Mac desktop app is available for OS 10.15 or newer. It also offers iOS and Android apps as well as a Windows desktop app.
- Allows employees to track work in real-time or fill in their timesheets at the end of the day.
对于无限的项目和用户来说,这个任务管理ment solution offers a 30-day free trial followed by a paid plan starting at $12/user per month.
- G2: 4.7/5 (700+ reviews)
QuickBooks Time(formerlytsheets) is a cloud-based time tracking software system.
它在Mac OS 10.12上工作，并在iOS和Android上提供了一个生产力跟踪应用程序，可在旅途中跟踪时间。
- Offers an online timesheet tracker with GPS and geofencing functionalities.
- Automates notifications for supervisors and managers if an employee doesn’t clock in or out as scheduled.
- Integrates with your existing accounting software to automate the payroll process, ensuring freelancers get paid per their hourly rate.
QuickBooks offers a 30-day free trial with no credit card details required. Its paid plan starts with a $20 base fee and $8/user – both paid per month.
Designed with the Mac user in mind,Freshbooksoffers robust invoicing, time tracking, and expense management features.
Also available as a Chrome extension and on mobile devices as an iOS and Android app, Freshbooks can be suitable for small businesses.
- Provides daily breakdowns of employee recorded hours.
- Tracks time for specific projects and clients for easy billing.
- Integrates with third-party software like Asana, Trello, Basecamp, etc., to track all work time.
- G2: 4.5/5 (620+ reviews)
Clockifyis a time tracking app that supports unlimited projects and users for free.
Available on Mac OS 10.12 or newer, the Mac desktop app automatically tracks work time without employees manually selecting a project.
It also offers a desktop app for Windows and Linux, a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers, and a mobile app version for iOS and Android.
Read our detailedClockify review这里。
- Tracks employee attendance, productivity, and billable hours with a simple timesheet.
- Offers customized reports in Excel, CSV, and PDF formats filtered by activity, user, and day.
- 允许员工使用Pomodoro technique提高生产率。
- Provides employees the ability to start or stop the timer using a keyboard shortcut.
Clockify offers the basic version of their app free.
For extra features, you can upgrade to a paid plan starting at $4.99/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (90+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1500+ reviews)
它的Mac应用程序工作在macOS 10.11或更新so providing a desktop app for Windows and Linux. It also offers an app for iOS and Android devices.
From a convenient menu bar display to allowing employees to use the timer in dark mode, Toggl Track can adapt to your employee’s existing workflow.
- Sends notifications if the software detects too much idle time.
- Provides weekly reports – detailed and summary – in CSV and PDF formats.
- Uses previous user time tracking habits to suggest new time entries.
- G2: 4.6/5 (1460+ reviews)
A simple time tracking app,Tymeoffers a minimalistic interface made with the Apple user in mind.
- Lets users set up keyboard shortcuts to operate the timer.
- Offers geofencing capabilities where the app starts recording time when the employee leaves or enters a specific area.
- Allows you to export all recorded timesheet data in CSV, PDF, and JSON formats.
Tyme offers a free 14-day trial version, after which it costs $3.99/user per month.
- G2: NA
- Capterra: NA
It does this by sorting mentally demanding and time-consuming tasks as Focus Work. Employees can then decide on the time period to focus on without any distractions.
MACOS 10.12和Windows 10上可用recuutime。
Employees can also use it on their Chromebook by downloading the Android app and Chrome browser extension.
- Gives employees the flexibility to choose when they would like to do Focus Work.
- Provides daily work summaries and productivity reports.
- Alerts employees about potential Focus Work time based on free time in their calendar.
- Works on the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Brave, and Internet Explorer.
RescueTime offers a two-week free trial period. Its paid plan starts at $6.50/month.
- G2: 4.2/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (120+ reviews)
Hubstaffis a Mac time tracking app for in-office, field, andremote teams.
It allows employees to view their own data and even set geofence boundaries so their device can automatically start recording time when they enter their job site. However, this GPS capability is only available on iOS and Android mobile apps.
Its Mac desktop app runs on Mac OS X Mavericks and newer versions.
The web app lets you easily set up multiple employee schedules in one go and receive alerts if employees are absent or late.
你可以阅读我们的detailed review of Hubstaff here.
- Captures proof of work through screenshots. You can turn off this feature on a per-user basis.
- Offers pop-up idle time alerts after a period of inactivity.
- 在Windows，Linux，Chrome扩展名，Chromebook应用程序和Web Timer上提供其他版本。
- G2: 4.3/5 (370+ reviews)
3 Key Things to Consider When Choosing Time Tracking Software
If your chosen time tracking software is hard to use or incompatible with your employees’ jobs, they simply won’t use it.
To ensure you pick the right tool, keep the following three things in mind.
1. Where You Work
If your employees are typically on the road, away from laptops, then just a Mac desktop app is useless.
In this case, you’d benefit by choosing an app that offers time tracking capabilities on various devices, not just computers.
Does your team use third-party software for work, like Asana for project management,松弛for communication, etc.?
If yes, then your chosen software needs to integrate with these tools to record your employees’ time on these tools as productive work time.
3. What Are Your Needs
您选择的应用程序应快速设置并跟踪不同的员工计划，尤其是在您有班次工人的情况下。所有这些数据在期间可能会有所帮助employee performance reviews.
Most of the tools listed above apply to companies across different industries. They also offer apps for other operating systems and mobile versions so employees can track time on the go.
But if you’re looking for the best, Time Doctor wins by offering multiple employee productivity and time management features at an affordable price point.